Sunday, September 28, 2008

First Post! This is a Biggin


My first post! Yea!......so where do I start...
Well this year has been a very interesting and trying year for us. After living in Wichita Falls, TX for a year, we got transferred to Corpus Christi, TX for the remainder of Eddie's pilot training. Not that I am trying to throw a pitty party but... alot has happened in our life and it has only made us stronger in our faith in God and as a couple. First, we found out that we were gonna have to leave our friends in WFs and move to southern Texas which wasn't easy being 9 months pregnant. We had lots of friends to help us pack in such short notice that we had.














I never thought we would miss WFs as much as we do. We actually had friends there. We use to get together for cookouts, movies, dinners, and can't forget those Wii nights...

Our last day there was hectic trying to get everything crammed into the uhaul before the base housing inspector came. I was pooped and not to mention pale and swollen by the end of the day, but Eddie's class and our friends all met at the jensen's house for a farewell cookout...



I miss our get togethers.

On July 2nd after a 12 hour trip to Corpus Christi we finally made it. Bella like to have drove me crazy the whole way. She kept trying to climb up to the front from the very back seat! She is crazy. We got a house on base and were able to move in July 3rd! Yea, we didn't have to put anything in storage. My mom flew in July 4th and helped us move in. Then July 6th Eddie went off to water survival training in Pensecola, FL for 5 days.

Then sad to say on July 16th, my wonderful grandfather, David Daniel Widner, passed away. I was so upset and I just wish I could have been with my family at that time. I never have felt so far away from home like I did. Being pregnant and almost due it wasn't safe for me to drive or fly so I had to stay here. He was a wonderful man. Him and my granny were married for 56 years! They reminded me of "The Notebook" couple. They actually saw that movie and ever since then my granny has wrote in a notebook how they met and their love stories over the years.

It was then I decided on my baby's name, Emery Danielle Altizer. My middle name is Danielle and I was named that after my papaw; his middle name is Daniel. He had a good life and now he is livin in such a better place.


Days after the funeral my mom flew to Corpus to be with me and get things ready before the baby came. She was stuck in Houston for 3 days due to hurricane Dolly. She finally made it here and my dad and sister met her in Houston and flew into Corpus. Still no baby yet...





Things were great. We spent time at the beach and dad liked playin the Wii.


...until we got a small scare with my mom and chest pains and she spent a few days in the hospital here...aaahhhh!!! But everything was ok...Still no baby but we sure needed her to come and brighten everyones day. Dad had to go back on the road and Eddie's parents came in.

On August 4th at 2:17pm little miss Emery Danielle was born. Weighing 8 lbs, 1 oz and 21 inches long. She is the best thing that has ever happened to us. I never thought I could love someone so much. When I look at her I just wanna cry. ..She has that affect on everyone.

Once she was born we totally forgot about the stressful previous weeks and things have been great. We already have a ton of pictures of her and I wish I could put them all on here. Maybe I can figure out how to post an album of her or something...

The Grandparents


The Aunts

No comments: